Brexit Fucked Up My Future



Woke up today and realised both my future and education are hanging by a thread and it's all Brexit's fault.

I moved to the UK hoping for a better future, hoping I could actually do what I've always wanted to do. I have worked my arse off this year in order to get the highest marks and, I am pleased to say I succeeded. What for? That's what I am currently asking myself.

I am speechless and angry that 28% of people who should have voted yesterday (and would have most likely made a difference) but didn't because they probably just couldn't be arsed to do it. 
I am disappointed that elderly people had the power to decide our generation's future when, in all probability, they won't even be around in a couple of years.

I am disgusted by how both campaigns managed to lie and misinform people, how the economy and young people will suffer from all this.
I am astonished by people's ignorance and hypocrisy. How people who live off benefits are telling immigrants they need to go back to their countries. Why? Because they dare doing a job you are too lazy to do? Because they are paying taxes, working legally and helping your country's economy all whilst you're at home watching The Jeremy Kyle Show?

I am upset. I am emotional. But, most of all, I am disappointed. Disappointed by a country I firmly believed in. A country I considered my second home. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment