A/W16: Trends and DIYs

Autumn (and Fashion Week) is just around the corner and, if you’re into fashion like me, you’ll know it’s that time of the year again where we have to change our wardrobe and start purchasing appropriate items for this Autumn/Winter 2016. 

As much as I love fashion, I am still a student on a budget and I even struggle to buy more than a couple of items from Topshop sometimes. However, I realised I don't really have to spend a fortune this year  – some of the trends are so easy to reproduce that all I have to do is just start being creative.


1. Personalised Clothes 


(ALICE + OLIVIA - photo)

From bags to jackets, this trend is everywhere. Even high street stores are following the trend (and let me tell you, Zara is completely killing it). Instead o spending money on another denim jacket, you can easily add patches, pins and even a bit of embroidery pattern (if you’re really good at it) to your old one. 

2. Combat Boots 


(LOUIS VUITTON A/W 16 - photo)

From Louis Vuitton to Dolce & Gabbana, everyone is slowly swapping their dancing shoes for some more comfy boots and pairing them with dresses, skirts and pretty much everything else you can think of. I'm sure I can easily just wear my old pair of Dr. Martens and be good to go.

3. Chokers 


(CHIARA FERRAGNI - photo © IMAXTREE)

It comes with no surprise that chokers have pretty much taken over the world. I personally used to wear them when I was five years old but don’t really mind a throwback. Not when they look so cool anyways! As you can probably tell already, you can make a choker out of pretty much everything. So just get an old ribbon and tie it around your neck. Really, it’s that easy. 

4. Ballet Shoes 


(MIU MIU - photo)

Miu Miu has done it again. Ballet shoes are now a trend (a pretty cool one if you ask me) and they’re spreading everywhere. Zara has even made its own version – like pretty much everything else on the market. But don’t forget you don’t need to spend a fortune in Miu Miu’s to wear the latest trend. Just get your old pair of pumps, add ribbons and/or straps and you’re done. 


5. Sequin Clothes 


(DOLCE & GABBANA A/W16 - photo)

If you were thinking of saving them for Christmas but secretly dying to wear all that glitter and sparkle beforehand (aka if you're exactly like me), I am here to tell you sequin is actually a trend. Wear the most sparkling item you own and wear it proudly. You know you can always trust Dolce & Gabbana and Fendi. 



However, if you're not into DIYs, you can always read my article about Trend Dupes and where to find them.
After all, I always have your back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment