TO A BADASS YEAR



So here it is, first post of 2017 – it feels very weird to write it down.
I have to say, 2016 hasn't been the best year for me or my blog. I was on and off the internet and not really sure what I wanted to do with my life and my blog.
I had ideas, goals and projects and I never truly accomplished one.



I started this blog as a way out from reality, as my diary and journal, as a way to collect memories and write down anything I wanted to. Back in 2013, when I first started, I had no idea how many talented people had blogs, how many would write about the same things as me, how many I would see grow and become more and more popular.


Chiara Ferragni, from the Blonde Salad, was the first blog I have ever read. As years went on, before I started my own blog, I discovered more and more blogs that inspired me to create my own. I thought that all I had to do was create a silly name (which, if you were wondering, still doesn't make any sense to this day), pick a nice theme and write some words down.

I remember how excited I was when my first ever post, now deleted, got over 30 views in just a couple of minutes. I couldn't believe how easy it was for me to put my words and thoughts out there and have people who actually wanted to read what I had to say.

Throughout these past four years I've written posts, deleted them, changed themes every two months, stopped writing, felt uninspired, started writing again and changed my mind on posts at least a thousand times. I begged people to take some photos of me, I travelled and blogged about it, I ate loads of food, moved to a different country, got a job, went to university, found love.
In all this, my blog has always been here – constantly changing as I grew into the person I am now.



It's thanks to my blog that I decided to study journalism, it's thanks to my blog I have the courage to openly talk about my issues. But it's also thanks to the blogs who inspired me in the first place, to all those people working their asses off to make a living out of something they love doing.

So 2017 won't just be my year, it'll be mine and my blog's year. I want to commit and work on it, improve my writing and have people read what I have to say. I want to be able to share my life, thoughts and feelings.
I am who I am because of the choices I've made – one of them was starting this blog.

Hope this is the beginning of a badass year.



And, in case you were wondering about the people who inspired me throughout the years, here's a list of some of them:




0 comments:

Post a Comment