Outtakes: January in Pictures

During the past week or so, I felt the need to update my blog.
Truth be told, I've never been particularly great at scheduling and publishing when I wanted or needed to. But that's because I created this blog as a safe place for me to talk about things I didn't want to face – and, in the end, I was never ready to write those words down.





However, in the past months, something has shifted. For the first time in what feels forever I have been able to write down my feelings on a regular basis – something that I should have faced years ago, and it has helped me immensely.

So now I feel like, despite everything else that has been going on in my life, I want this little space on the internet to be something I care about. Something where I can share what I want and when I want to. And I thought the best way to get back into the swing of things was to write down how my January went.



Probably considered the saddest month of the year (and I can see why), I spent it mostly in London for my second internship. And what an adventure that was... But I'll save it for the next post!

I think the thing that kept me going the past four weeks was having amazing people by my side, always there to support me or cheer me up. I've been trying my hardest to not let life get better of me and I have also made a huge effort to talk to people and ensure I was surrounded by great friends.

This was the month where I realised I am actually so bloody lucky to have so many people that care in my life. Most of them have always been there but I was too caught up in my own head to realise it. But this year I am doing things differently because I feel and am different and I made a promise to myself to make sure my overthinking and my anxiety would be kept under control – well, I'll try at least.




I've spent months thinking I was on my own because of my mental health and I don't ever want to feel that way ever again. That's why I started taking more photos, I want to collect more memories with the people I love and I want to document our nights, days and everything else in between.

Photography has always been a huge passion of mine and something I've known ever since I was a little kid and I realised it can be a great way to escape reality when everything gets a bit too much. I am still taking life day by day and one step at the time – but this time I am determined to fight and love myself more than I have ever done before.


0 comments:

Post a Comment